We're growing like a B-movie monster and soon might have to take over the world. Join us. We need what you got, and got what you need.
Senior .NET Developer
Layer One Media in Chicago's West Loop is looking for an experienced Web Programmer. More than that really. We are looking for a programming ringer, or two... Someone who loves code, and likes to solve complex problems artfully. We create market leading B-to-B and B-to-C Web, location based and mobile experiences.
This person is responsible for the production of Websites, Interactive programming for Websites, applications, content management systems and Flash (AS2/AS3) based on designs, specifications, and content provided by members of the Layer One Media team. The Web Programmer will work with designers and account managers to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
The Web Programmer’s daily responsibilities may include writing standards-compliant C#.Net code, Action Script, coordinating application development projects with a Flash animator, XHTML and CSS for a new or existing Websites, designing databases for use in a CMS, creating wireframes, Information Architecture documents and building interface prototypes.
Attitude is an important part of this position. We want someone who is able to provide suggestions or recommendations during the development process; someone who is self motivated toward excellence and to continually learning and improving their skills by working with new technologies to create strong solutions for our clients.
- 4+ years of professional .Net Web programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Expert understanding and experience with modern.NET, C#, XHTML and CSS standards
- Proficiency in designing relational databases and developing SQL queries
- Experience in cross-browser debugging.
- Working knowledge XML and XSLT.
- Experience in Action Script 3 programming and strong desire to master
- Experience in rapid development of wireframes and/or prototypes.
- Experience mobile platform development desired.