We're growing like a B-movie monster and soon might have to take over the world. Join us. We need what you got, and got what you need.
Creative Director - Digital
We are seeking an experienced Creative Director to help us guide and enhance our clients’ brands online. Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities will include directing designers and the creative team on new digital marketing projects, as well as assisting in business development and client pitches.
You will direct and create compelling, experiential and targeted digital work through leadership of an experienced team of web designers and developers. The Creative Director also works closely with senior management on client brand strategy development, account services and new business.
You will be the driving force of our work, the heartbeat of the Layer One brand and the strategist for our clients’ digital initiatives. Passion, guts, a personal brand and big ideas required.
- Produce bar-raising work for clients in digital applications including but not limited to Web, social media and mobile.
- Translate client marketing objectives into creative strategies that are on-brand, innovative, measurable and buzz-worthy.
- Be available to pursue target business through bold, innovative work, as well as effective presentations and partnership with business development to close and harvest new opportunities.
- Evaluate and elevate the performance of creative personnel through coaching, counseling, mentoring and inspiring.
- Improve the creative department’s understanding of digital aesthetics, perspectives and solutions through guidance and training.
- Write creative briefs, competitive analyses and other brand creative documentation.
- Build strong relationships with clients based on value and respect.
- Administer and execute the day-to-day processes and responsibilities assigned to a creative team.
- Collaborate with account managers to define requirements, expectations and deadlines for creative projects.
- Attract, recruit and retain top creative talent by developing strong, positive relationships in the advertising and marketing community.
- Kill (creatively speaking) for our customers and their customers.
- 8+ years as creative director or associate creative director. 4 most recent years in an interactive/digital marketing environment.
- A powerful online portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, conceptual design, brand management, innovation, problem-solving and personal expression.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Experience leading a team of creative professionals and coordinating the work of web designers, flash developers, copywriters and graphic designers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of Layer One Media’s creative goals and clients’ business objectives.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working understanding or proficiency in Flash and InDesign.
- Frequent local travel and occasional national travel will be required.
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy and the backing to drive our agency’s creative direction
- Support at all levels from a seasoned, growing digital agency
- A passionate design team with a proven track record
- Challenging, innovative and ever-changing projects
- An exciting mix of clients and brands
- An agency that is large enough to be stable and attract large clients but agile enough to turn on a dime
- All digital, all the time
- The chance to make this role everything you want it to be
- Full health and dental benefits package including 401(k)